What is the difference between a thermos and an insulated bottle?
- Although often used interchangeably, the terms “thermos” and “insulated bottle” have nuances. A “thermos” is actually a registered trademark, often associated with insulated bottles. However, not all insulated bottles are “Thermos” (the brand). Generally, an insulated bottle refers to any container designed to maintain the temperature of liquids, whether hot or cold, thanks to thermal insulation.
What is the best insulated bottle?
- The “best” insulated bottle depends on your specific needs:
- Durability: Look for robust materials like stainless steel.
- Temperature retention capacity: Some bottles keep liquids hot/cold for longer.
- Ease of cleaning: A simple and detachable design is preferable.
- Leak-proof: Make sure the lid is tightly sealed to prevent leaks.
- Design and ergonomics: Choose a bottle that you like and that is comfortable to use.
Why use an insulated bottle?
- Insulated bottles offer several advantages:
- Ecology: They reduce dependence on disposable plastic bottles.
- Economy: They save money by allowing you to bring drinks from home.
- Comfort: They keep your drink at the ideal temperature for hours.
- Versatility: Useful for a variety of drinks, from teas to smoothies.
How does an insulated bottle work?
- Insulated bottles work thanks to a double wall, often made of stainless steel, with a vacuum between the two walls. This vacuum prevents the transfer of heat by conduction or convection, thus maintaining the temperature of the drink. Some may also have a reflective coating to minimize heat loss by radiation.