The best party recipes are the ones that can be customized to your guests’ tastes, are easy enough for anyone to make at home, and won’t break the bank. Enter: the aesthetic cheese board.
This simple party idea is a guaranteed hit with both adults and kids, making it a great option for your next party or get-together. Whether you’re an aficionado of fine cheeses or have never tasted gouda in your life, this simple yet stunning combination of flavors will leave your guests begging for more (and maybe even ask for the recipe).
Read on for more info about how to host an aesthetically pleasing cheese board as well as some suggestions for getting started!
What is an Aesthetic Cheese Board?
An aesthetic board is an arrangement of cheeses, fruits and/or other accoutrements that’s meant to look as pretty as it tastes. Ideally, a cheese board is meant to be a conversation starter as well as a tasty treat, so guests can gab away over the best types of cheese paired with the perfect accompaniments. Aesthetic cheese boards are often served at parties, but they’re also the perfect way to share a meal with friends or family.
Mix and match any of the suggestions below to create your own personalized board – the combinations are endless! Many people believe that cheese boards are only appropriate for parties or other special occasions. We say that an aesthetic cheese board can be served any day of the week. Simply put a few snacks and drinks out with your cheese and you’ve got yourself a meal fit for company.
How to host an Aesthetic Cheese Board
- Choose your cheeses: The first step in creating an aesthetic board is choosing your cheeses. It’s best to select a variety of mild, medium and strong cheeses so that everyone can find something they love. It is also advised that you purchase a selection that is representative of your region. For example, if you’re in a region where cheddar is produced, you may want to try a selection of cheddars. It’s also helpful to know that certain cheeses pair well with certain wines, so don’t forget to ask your guests if they’ve got any suggestions!
- Prep your board: Now that you’ve got your cheeses, it’s time to prep your board. This is where the aesthetics come in; simply put your cheeses on the board however you would like them to be served. Consider pairing your cheeses with crackers, fruit, or other complementary foods, such as nuts or grapes. You can also make your board more festive by adding decorative elements to it, such as flowers or ribbon.
- Serve your board: You’re almost ready to serve your cheese board. You’ll want to keep your board on a plate or tray so that it’s easy to move around your home or outside deck. Don’t forget to leave a knife and a small serving spoon off to the side, so that your guests can help themselves.
Which cheeses are best for hosting an aesthetic board?
There are several different kinds of cheese that you can use for your cheese board. Mentioned below are some of the most common options you can find. Of course, you might find other kinds that are more specific to where you live. So, be sure to do a little more research!
- Mild cheese: Mild cheeses are a great place to begin your selection. If you don’t have a lot of experience tasting different cheeses, mild cheeses are a safe bet. They’re also great for pairing! Try pairing your mild cheeses with wines or other beverages.
- Sharp cheese: Sharp cheeses are a wonderful option for any cheese board. They pair deliciously with fruit and are often a popular choice for wine and beer. If you want to take your cheese board up a notch, try adding a bit of port wine to the mix!
- Semi-hard cheese: Semi-hard cheeses are a popular option in many cheese boards. As the name suggests, these cheeses are hard enough to cut easily, making them an ideal option for casual entertaining.
- Hard cheese: Hard cheeses are a great choice for an elegant dinner party. With their bold flavours and rich texture, hard cheeses are a delicious addition to any cheese board.
- Blue cheese: Blue cheese is an exciting addition to any cheese board. This bold, pungent cheese can be a wonderful addition to any meal.
Snack suggestions for your aesthetic board
Altough it’s called a cheese board, it doesn’t mean you can’t have other snacks on the board. In fact, adding snacks can complement the cheese. It will also give more options for your guests to choose from.
- Crackers: Crackers are a classic pairing with cheese. With so many varieties on the market, you’re sure to find one that pleases your palate.
- Nuts: Nuts, while they don’t technically pair with cheese, are a great accompaniment to just about anything. They’re also a great party food because they come in large quantities and are easy to transport.
- Citrus fruits: Citrus fruits, such as oranges or grapefruits, are a great pairing with cheese. Try slicing your citrus fruit and sprinkling it with a bit of salt for a sweet and savoury twist.
- Carrots and celery: These veggies are a classic pairing with cheese. Try dipping your cheese in a carrot and celery mixture for a fun twist on the classic pairing.
- Fruit-based desserts: Fruit-based desserts, such as tarts or mini pies, are a decadent pairing with cheese.
- Dips: Dips, such as salsa or guacamole, are a great pairing with cheese. If you want to take your pairing to the next level, try adding a bit of alcohol to your dip!
Final Words on Aesthethic Cheese Board
An aesthetic cheese board is a fun and interactive way to entertain guests. They’re easy to make and can be tailored to suit any palate, so don’t be shy – invite your friends and family over for a cheesy night in!
There are endless ways to make your board special. Try incorporating your party theme into the presentation. You can use decorative plates or boards, add flowers or other decorative elements, or serve your board outside to make it even more fun.
Once you’ve assembled your board, you’re ready to serve. Simply place your board on a table and let your guests help themselves!
P.S. Busy catering to your guests? Don’t have enough time to finish your tea or coffee? Easy! Muggo Qi is a self-heating mug that keeps your drink warm! Phone battery running low? It can wirelessly charge your phone too. So, be sure to check it out.